Monday 4 April 2011

Uh oh ....

A different week for me starts.  There's still no update on when the volcano is going to erupt, nor when the waterfall is going to flood the village below, so I'm hoping both of those will happen tomorrow.

I had a relatively quiet day today.  Because my time here (this time) is nearly over, time for uploading, resizing and adding to various databases seems to be a priority.  At least our servers were mostly working today, which did make things much easier.

I did spend recess and lunch playing ball with the prep kids, which is enormous fun.  And then this afternoon it was Lower Primary Assembly and then Clubs, so the afternoon went really quickly.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in the blog so far, but at the moment I'm living in Bondi.  Really.  Other than last Friday during assembly, there isn't any surf at this Bondi, but it's the name given to the section of living quarters, and it is next to Snob Hill.  Anyway, the riveting (not) pic below is of our Bondi kitchen.  Isn't that exciting stuff?


and I know I have a habit of taking shots like this ...


and ones like this .....

I have enjoyed being able to take these sort of shots, between time playing with the kids.  These two girls you would have seen photos of already.  They are always together.  Highness Lomayani, on the left, and Zuhura Iddi on the right - this week Zuhura did look different with her hair newly braided


and in this afternoon's assembly, here are some of the prep class at the front.  I wonder how long before their feet will touch the floor when they sit on the low benches?


while I was taking the above flower shots, I was so busy concentrating on the flowers that I nearly tripped over this fellow.  There are a couple who live around the flower beds in the Red quadrangle.  Quite a few little hedghogs as well, but this chap was enjoying a sunny Sunday afternoon as well

2 comments:

  1. I hope that the volcano erupts & the waterfall drowns the village before you leave! All that anticipation & waiting!
    The Other Betty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy doesn't sound as exciting after all the exotic sights you have seen so far in Africa.

    ReplyDelete